SpringTide BathroomsComplete Bathroom Solutions
How we work…
a bathroom installation Case Study
See the team in action and view the process in pictures below…
“Excellent quality of work, good advice and great communication throughout. I would recommend Kevin and Springtide Bathrooms without hesitation”.
Mrs Stafford – 29th January 2017
For more information about this or any other project please call Kevin directly
on 01189 761 542
Kevin will work closely with you to produce an appropriate design and select quality products and tiles from our approved suppliers. You don’t even need to worry about arranging delivery of equipment or disposal of rubbish, as this will all be organised in advance for you.
- Strip out: Kevin and the team started by stripping out the old bathroom and preparing for the new. Without good preparation and organisation, the end result would be less than satisfactory. A skip is used to dispose of the rubbish.
- Plumbing & Carpentry: Alterations were required to the existing plumbing system to accommodate the relocation of the new sanitaryware, thermostatic shower and bath overflow filler. A recessed area was created for the new bath position.
- Electrics: Electrical work was necessary here to supply the LED lighting, lighted mirror and connections for the undertile heating system. All electrical work is carried out and tested by qualified electricians in line with regulatory standards, and the necessary documentation and Test Certificates are issued to the customer.
- Undertile Heating: Our customer wanted to feel the warmth and added benefit of undertile heating. Undertile heating systems should be installed by a specialist engineer to ensure the process is implementated seamlessly.
- Plastering: For this bathroom, the walls and ceiling needed replastering in order to provide smooth surfaces and a sound base for the tiles. Our plasterers are very professional and tidy.
- Fittings & Wet room: The new fittings and sanitaryware including wc, fitted furniture with wall hung basin, and wet room system were installed. Wet rooms are a job for the professionals and if not done properly, leaking water can cause a lot of damage. The room needed to be tanked (waterproofed) and tiled from floor to ceiling.
- Tiling: Tiling is the finishing touch that totally transforms the space into the bathroom of your dreams. In this case 60 x 30cm ceramic tiles were used on the walls to great effect and included a feature wall. Wood plank effect porcelain tiles were used on the floor. Tiling is always carried out by a tiling specialist to achieve the perfect result.
- Decoration: Here the bathroom was fully tiled, so the only decoration required was to the ceiling. This was carried out by our dedicated Painter & Decorator to his usual high standard.
- Project Management: The whole process was Project Managed by Kevin Cordell.
- Equipment supplied by A1 Bathrooms
- London/New York sanitaryware & Sigma bath
- London furniture in oak
- Arteform shower
- Tiles by Porcelanosa